Date: 8/13 ( 13th Day )
Urgent Prayer Request!
Please pray for those people who are involved in organizing and making this Global 40 Day Prayer And Fast movement possible. Particularly, please pray for the spiritual leaders, their co-workers and their family members, the behind-the-scene editorial team and their spiritual coverings, and family members. The son of one of the main leaders got sick, vomiting blood and hospitalized for three days. Please ask God to:
- protect everyone involved in the global prayer and fast and their family. May God watch their coming and going and keep them healthy and properous spirit, soul and body.
- bless the editorial team to be able to receive from God and translate it in words speedily and accurately.
Testimony of transformation-Kiambu,Kenya
Kiambu, a city which has been notorious for murder, rapes and violence, is the most decadent city in the history of Kenya.
The whole town had been hit with recession, and the churches were not going anywhere for her notoriety, due to her bad reputation, no one wanted to live there. In 1980 this city had become the most oppressive place in Kenya. The numbers of bars and unlawful places far surpassed the churches and grocery stores combined. On top of that was the growing rate for alcoholism, the crime rate for Kiambu climbed to the top one in the nation. After nights had set in, no one dared to step out, particularly the women. Public officials had accustomed themselves to the bribery with their superiors to elude tasks. For many years, the town who held a population of sixty five thousand could not even get a church to grow more than dozens of people. An exhausting pastor said that they did whatever they could to preach gospel but saved no one.
God called pastor Thomas Muthee and his wife there to build church. Through intercession they came to recognize the causes of the spiritual oppression and resisted it. Just like what the book of Ephesians says that for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. The issue was not with the people in the town, but was how oppressive the demonic force was so it kept the people running in circles. They prayed with all the fervency for six months and also conducted with due diligence of their research, they fast and prayed to seek God for the real cause of it. The Lord revealed that it was due to the spirit of witchcraft to have had put people in bondage. Many problems in Kiambu are related to a witch called granny Zen. The place where she cast spells was called Emmanuel. She lived by performing witchcraft. Many politicians and business people consulted her for fortune-telling. After grasping what the dark forces were in Kiambu, the couple, Mr and Mrs Thomas came to ask for help from God.
After praying for six months, they were very certain that the spiritual dark forces had been broken. They held a one-week outdoor evangelism which led 200 people to Christ. Very quickly it had become common practice to have the sick healed and the sinners repented and returned to the Lord. They set up a 24-hour prayer center. But granny Zen exerted witchcraft to counter attack, and there were heavy and oppressing spirits enshrouded over their prayer meeting and services. The elders found out that there were handicrafts outside of the church that were made by granny Zen. After realizing what their opposing dark forces were, the believers began praying that she either got saved or left the town. Couple days later, her ability vanished.
She left the town a couple of weeks later. God´s presence filled the town after the witchcraft in Kiambu had been broken off. The atmosphere shifted, and it is the lowest crime-committing place. The bars were shut down and were converted to churches, and the whole town became prosperous. The presence of God brought changes, you could see prosperity all over, and people flooded in the town to purchase houses. The population increased by 30%, as well as the numbers of people who repented to believe the Lord. So far the church of Thomas grew to 5000 people. The criminals, robbers and prostitutes gave their hearts to the Lord. The on-going growth of the town has something to do with their on-going prayer. Thomas said that prayer is to talk to God who is able to turn tides. Prayers took back their lost grounds and sent strikes to the captives. Every morning at six o’clock there were 400 people gathered together to pray. Every Friday is their watch prayer and every Wednesday night is their stormy prayer in action. Thomas said prayer produces a shift for power.
If God can change Kiambu, then God can change the whole world. Let us pray!(abstracted from the film Transformations by George Otis)
Pursuing Intimacy With God
Blazing Fire of Love
James 4:5 “Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us?”
2 Corinthians 3:18 “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
Isaiah 4:3-4 “…Those who remain in Jerusalem, will be called holy, all who are recorded among the living in Jerusalem. The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire.”
Dear Abba Father,
We ask You to keep our hearts on fire for You. Let us submit ourselves in the secret place of the Most High and meet You face to face in love. Unveil our face so that we may see Your glory (2 Corinthians 3:18) and let the Spirit of fire set our hearts aflame (Isaiah 4:4). During the 40 days of prayer and fasting, we are longing more and more to see Your face; let the light of Your face remove our lukewarm spirit and weariness and rekindle the fire of love within us. The Scripture says: “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us” (James 4:5). Father, let the fire of jealousy set our lives ablaze until all lustful thoughts and idols in our hearts are consumed, until we have become a blazing fire of love. Oh Father, as we come before the altar, strengthen us with Your unfailing love so that we can live out the first and great commandment – love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and mind; and we would love our neighbors as ourselves.
In the name of Lord Jesus we pray, Amen!
Prayer for the Church 03
(Secularization of the Church)
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. (1 John 2:15-16 (NIV))
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect (1 Peter 3:15 (NIV))
Lord, we are grateful for the salvation of your cross, by which you saved us from darkness into God’s Kingdom of light. Thank you for cleansing all our sins and unrighteousness with the blood of the Lamb, making us your holy vessels, clothing us with priestly robes, and leading us into eternal life!
(If you have not committed the following sins, you can skip this part, or you may stand in the gap and repent on behalf of others.)
Lord, please forgive us our love for the world and the things of the world. We do not have the true love for the Father in us. We draw near to you with our mouths, honor you with our lips, but are hearts are far from you. We are not mindful of the things you care about. Instead, we are lured by selfish desires, pursuing the vanity of the world such as power, wealth, pleasure, and indulgence. In us is found partiality, self-centeredness, self-righteousness, indifference, carelessness, fear of men but no fear of God. We have deviated from the Truth, making us no different from secular people. We plead for your mercy and forgiveness.
Lord, cleanse us, cover us, deliver us, and renew us by your blood. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we renounce the desires of the flesh and all sin and bondage. Holy Spirit, rekindle our hunger for God’s Word, empower us to live out divine virtues, and release Kingdom values in us. Help us to be obedient to the Holy Spirit, to grow spiritually in love for the Lord and for one another, and to take up our cross to follow Jesus. When the world sees the power of the gospel, they will believe also, and give praise and glory to God!
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen!
Pray For Nations
[Editor’s note: In these forty days, we will first pray for the countries participating in this fasting prayer. After that, we will pray daily for the countries in the continent according to the continents of the world. We will select three to four countries / regions and pray for them everyday.]
[Background: India is the second most populated country in the world, only next to China. India is also the largest country in South Asia. It’s the birthplace of Buddhism and Hinduism; it’s also a multi-religious country. Almost all religions in the world can find believers in India, but most Indians believe in Hinduism. There are also many Muslims in India. In recent years, India’s Muslim population has risen to the third place in the world. India’s religions and culture have affected the culture of South Asia and Southeast Asia; they have even expanded the impacts to Europe and the United States. In the first century A.D. the apostle Thomas preached the gospel here. India has been experiencing an evangelical revival that is similar in nature to the revival in mainland China in recent years. The Gospel used to move from the West to the East; now it is heading back to Jerusalem from the East. Yet at the same time, India has increased its persecution of Christians.
It is estimated that India will become the most populated country in the world in the next forty years. Currently 80% of the Indian population is Hindus, 12% Muslims, and 3% Christians. Considering the current situation, we are not able to predict whether this country will maintain the freedom of religion, or allow the majority Hindus to threaten and intimidate other faiths.
Recently, the media has revealed one case after another the heartbreaking round of violence and rape of underage or young children. The most horrifying thing is that some political figures have annihilated their conscience and rationalized their atrocities from the perspective of religious, racial and gender discrimination, which has also caused dissatisfaction and protests from the public. The increase in such violence is strongly related to the spread of pornographic films, the release of violence by wicked idolatry, bloodshed, fornicating evil spirits and the political agitation of Indian extremists. Only when the people of God raise their hands in prayer, calling on the Lord to awaken the conscience of the public can we have the opportunity to reverse the bad culture and moral orientation.]
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise. (Isaiah 43:19-21)
Dear Heavenly Father God, we pray for the country India:
- For the Indian people: Father God, Thousands of Indians have been blinded by the king of the world, worshiping all kinds of idols and deeply trapped in sin. We pray that you forgive their sins and their ignorance of you the true God who made them. Have mercy on the souls that are trapped in the darkness. May Your true light shine on these people; may You open their eyes and ears. Touch their hearts so that they see you face to face, that they hear and understand. Their heart is no longer fat, but they will wake up and turn to you quickly.
- Pray for women and children who are being persecuted: May God keep women and young children in India out of the threat of violence.
- Pray for the churches in India: May God raise His people across India to build prayer altars and use the authority [given by God] to bind the power of darkness. May God raise up the churches in India so that they see revivals in persecution. May God use the churches and pastors in India and raise the five ministries of the kingdom of God. May God demolish the walls of the partition among the churches and align the connections, to serve this generation and release the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Allow signs and miracles to happen all over India, to bring forth a comprehensive revival, preparing the way for the glory of the king!
- Pray for the Indian government: May God save the souls of Indian government officials, so that they can be blessed and become the conduit for God to bless India. We specially pray that God would make them see the importance of protecting Christians and the church. In the name of the Lord, we annihilate all the constitutions that are unfavorable to Christians! Lord, grant the Indian government holiness, justice, integrity and wisdom; enable them to implement effective policies to solve national and social problems such as the economy and inequality, the atrocities and ungodly customs that are the results of idol worshiping, pagan religions, ethnicity and gender discrimination. Lord, transform India and lead her into the her destiny that God has set for India.
- Pray for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi: Thank God for blessing Modi administration’s reform policy which has made India’s economy to grow rapidly. May God give wisdom and mercy to Prime Minister Modi, to increase the country’s income, help the poor in India out of poverty, and solve the inequality between the rich and the poor. Lord, remind him of the hardships of the poor, because he also came from a poor family. May God give him the spirit of fearing God, so that he can not only stop the cruelty of Hindu extremists to Christians but also protect them so that they can worship Him freely. Bless him and bless the Indian President Ram Nath Kovind; save both of them and make them sons of God.
We pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
[Background: A nation in South-East Asia, Bangladesh is one of the most ancient peoples in the Indian Subcontinent. Bangladesh’s earliest inhabitants are the 亞澳 people. Muslims came to Bangladesh in early times for the purpose of business and promulgating Islam, and became the local governing power from the 13th to 18th centuries, with some periods being an independent kingdom, and others being a vassal of Indian rulers. In 1757, Bangladesh became a province of the British India, and since the separation of India and Pakistan, it has since belonged to Pakistan and is called East Pakistan. In 1971, Bangladesh gained independence from Pakistan.
Bangladesh has a population of 100,056,050, with 96.9% being Bangladeshi, and the main religion is Islam. Islam holds 88.3% of the overall population, with 10.5% being Hindus, and the rest are mainly Buddhists, Christians and non-religious. The Bangladeshi constitution assures freedom in the religion and cultures of the people. Bangladesh has the highest population in the world and the least developed nation in the world. Bangladesh is is in the subtropics, with abundance of rivers, with high river traffic and logistics. However in rain season, the rivers often overflows and is frequented by typhoons.
Present state of the country
Extremist Organizations are still activeViolent oppression and persecution of Christians by Islamic extremists has decreased in Bangladesh, mainly due to severe action taken by the government. However, such organizations are still within the nation of Bangladesh, and some of the organizations have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State. Islamic leaders likewise often put surveillance on activities of the religious minorities (including Christians, and especially the converts). They call for Sharia Law to be completely implemented on the national level, and it is clear that Bangladesh falls under the “greater Islamic family”.
Secularization and Islamization
Officially, Bangladesh is still a secular nation, with Islam being the national religion. But in actuality, Islamic influence is increasingly more powerful, especially since the government is more and more tolerant towards Islamic organizations. Children of Christians are often mocked by fellow students and teachers, to the point some of the Christians students are not willing to even step outside of the home. Some of the students are even cast out of the schools for the sake of being Christians.
Bangladesh also has a sizable Buddhist population and many are local tribes who live on regions neighboring India and Burma. In recent years, many of these peoples have converted to Christianity, and this has caused the Buddhists and tribal leaders to exert pressure on these converts. The number of converts from Islam is also increasing daily, and they also experience similar pressures. Many times, the converts have to leave their place of dwelling since the pressure for them to abandon their new faith are too great. ]
- Pray for the non-believers of Bangladesh: May the Lord’s mercy and salvation come upon the Muslims and Hindus of Bangladesh. Forgive their persecution of God’s children and idolatry in their ignorance. May God show Himself to them to cause them to know the Most High God and receive the abundant grace of salvation.
- Pray for the Christians of Bangladesh: May Holy Spirit fill the Bangladeshi Christians, cause them to be passionate for the Lord. Bless our Bangladeshi brothers and sisters to be more deeply rooted in the truth and the love of God in the face of persecution. To understand clearly the leading of the Holy Spirit and not be moved. To co-labor with God and be fishers of men for God.
- Pray for Bangladeshi churches: May God raise up the Bangladeshi church, bring the fire of prayer and establish united prayer altar. May God lead them to fight for Bangladesh, to dismantle the strongholds the enemy has built to hinder the Bangladeshi people to know God. Let the gospel to be preached to each tribe in Bangladesh, and transform all of Bangladesh!
- Pray for Bangladesh’s government: May God save the souls of Bangladeshi government officials, that they may receive salvation. Give them wisdom to govern Bangladesh and make Bangladesh to change from a goat nation to a sheep nation.
- Pray for Bangladeshi president Abdul Hamid: Dear heavenly Father, You are a God who does not display favoritism, may Your love come upon Bangladeshi president Abdul Hamid. May Your Holy Spirit work in him, expand his heart and perception that he may align with your purposes and ways, to govern Bangladeshi with justice and righteousness. That he may be kind to the Buddhists and Christians in his nation who are of different faith to him. Lord, you have granted supernatural revelations to many Muslims previously, you have called them to be reconciled with You through dreams and visions, to be close to You. Therefore we bless Bangladeshi president Abdul Hamid that he can recognize Your omniscience and omnipotence, and receive the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, that he may walk with the Lord in the light and enjoy the abundant life promised by the Lord. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen!
Pray for World Leaders
- President Trump of the United State
- Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel President
- Putin of Russia
- Chairman Xi Jinping of China
Abba Father, we thank You for setting up these world leaders at this time. We ask you to fill them with Your Spirit daily, bless them and their family, watch their coming and going, keep them healthy and give them wisdom to govern all the domestic and international affairs according to Your will. May they be graceful to God’s people and protect Christian religion freedom.
Pray for President Trump:
Pray for Chairman Xi Jinping
Pray for Prime Minister Netanyahu:
Pray for President Putin
Pray for Seven Mountains
[Background: The 7 Mountain Strategy is a strategy for Christians to bring about the transformation of society in accordance with the values of the Kingdom of God. Transforming urban countries by changing the seven most important areas that affect society and culture. Among them, the “Seven Great Mountains” are the seven major areas. Advocates believe that when on the “Seven Great Mountains” Christians can rise, exert influence, or even become leaders, they can change society. The seven major mountains are: Art Entertainment / Business / Religion / Media / Education / Family / Government. For more information on the 7 mountain strategy, please see the video by Rober Heidler。We will take turns to pray for these seven hills in these 40 days.]
In the name of Jesus we declare that :
- Godly marriage value concept, which is one man, one woman marriage system, be restored all over the globe.
- The twisted marriage value concepts come by the wave of wrong same sex marriage teaching will be replaced with godly truth of marriage
- We reject and rebuke the wave of homosexuality instilling wrong marriage values, and lies. We command it to go. God will recover the lost territory of marriage and family!
- Awaken the hearts of young people so that hey will see the value of a Christian family. Give the young people a heart that loathes gay values, and say “NO” to gay marriage。
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of every family!
- Confess and Repent: May Holy Spirit reveal to the family and show the area that the enemy has taken a hold of in the family, raise up every family of God, to stand in the gap, to confess and repent, and ask God to forgive, to keep, to heal and to restore each family.
- A strong marriage system: Ask God to strengthen the family and marriage system and keep each family safe and united. In the name of Jesus Christ, we bind and break the dark forces that undermine the family system, such as divorce, fornication, pornography, spirit of violence ; we command them to leave the family of God。
- Holy Spirit pouring out: May God heal the wounds of the family. As was prophesied in Joel 2, May God pour out Holy Spirit upon all flesh in the family that the children will prophesy, the young man will see vision, the old man will dream dreams, everyone will align with God, to become the channel for God to releasing the will of God.
- Restoration of God’s Order in the family: Ask God to restore the godly order, and Jesus Christ becomes the Lord of the Family and to restore the function God has ordained the family to be. Ask God to help wife obey the husband, and the husband love the wife like Christ loves the church and laid His life down for the church, children obey the parents in the Lord; the parents will not provoke the anger of the children. Turn the heart of the Father to the children, and the hearts of the children to the father.
- Restore family relationships: Ask God to help each family to prioritize matters in the family. First to turn to God, to confess and repent for pursuing material life, for neglecting parent-child relationships, helping each family to re-establish the relationships between husband and wife and parents and children, connecting together in love. Let there be love among family members. Let them respect and honor each other, learn to communicate, understand, encourage and support each other. Create a safe and respected environment in the family.
- Establish a prayer altar: Ask God to give parents wisdom, establish a prayer altar, lead the whole family together to worship and pray together to seek God, and let the children know how to seek and trust in God, to walk on the path that God has prepared for them and enter into their destinies.
- Be a channel for the Gospel: Bless every family of God, live out the traditional Godly family value, to enjoy the overflowing grace of the Lord, to be a wonderful testimony that can draw the non-believing family to turn their hearts toward God, receiving the abundant grace.
Urgent Prayers for Nations
Pray For Muslims
- Through charities: For instance, the Malaysian government would provide incentives to the poor aboriginals to convert to Islam by giving them land, money, subsidies and benefits.
- Through education: For instance, the Malaysian government would set up nursery schools in poor communities and dispatch Muslim teachers. The children will study the Koran at a young age and become mystified with lies and confusions therein. In other countries, the Koran is being taught privately or publicly. The Koran has even become a required course in some countries. Those who do not do well in this class will need to retake the class.
- Through childbearing and migration: The Muslims usually raise many children because each Muslim male can take 4 wives. They increase their population by childbearing; they populate the countries they settle in and make Muslims a majority therein and then transform the local society and culture.
- Radical Muslims expand by deploying terrorist attacks. For instance, ISIS has been subverting and occupying Iraq and Syria.
- Brain-washing Christian captives day and night with the Koran, to cause confusion in their mind and deprive them of reasoning power.
- Public beheading or hanging (such as what ISIS does).
- Slavery: Female captives becom sex slaves; population trafficking.]
Pray for the Wild Fires in Canada
[In the news: Since April 1, 1,502 fires have started, burning 101,000 hectares. There are 2,700 personnel fighting the fires. Firefighting efforts have cost the province $131 million so far. There are 465 fires burning across B.C. with the danger rating risen to ‘high’ or ‘extreme’ in virtually every part of the province, many of the first nation reservations have been seriously affected by the wild fire. Please pray especially for the following areas:
- Telegraph Creek reserve of the Tahltan Nation – the fire destroyed many buildings & residents were evacuated to Dease Lake 2 days ago but now they have to evacuate that area because fires are going that way
- .California Torrez Martinez reservation of Desert Cahuilla Tribe had residents evacuated because of fire a couple of weeks ago.
- Alaska, there are many reservations in the Tok region & there are fires there. ]
- Confess our sins and repent: Father God please forgive the rebellion of Canada by legalizing same-sex marriage and marijuana. Raise up the church to begin to pray for our cities, states, nation, to stand in the gap and repent, to ask for peace. Please forgive all the things that is not pleasing to You in the first nation reservations, send down the spirit of repentance, to remove every idols, and to worship the one and only true God.
- God’s protection: Lord, watch and keep the firefighters and helpers, send the angelic host to camp around them to protect them, so that they will not be harmed. Please give them and government officials wisdom and strategies in order to extinguish these fires effectively and speedily
- Provide their every need: You are Jehovah Jireh, God that provides every need. May You use the churches and Ministries as channels of Your abundance resources, to help provide the need of the victims of Fire in materials as well as spiritual needs, so they can personally experience the grace of God.
- Shower down Your mercy rain: Send Your mercy rain to extinguish all the fire and water the heart of the people
- Pray for the First Nation Gathering from August 24th to 26 at Saskatoon: “Welcoming the Kng of Glory” : Ask God to release the presence of God and the worship anointing , to raise up the first born of the land, the First Nations. Re-dig this ancient well, so the water will come up, to well up! Let the wave of Revival come to this nation like never before.
Pray For Israel
Salvation for Israel
Do not be afraid,” Samuel replied. “You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart. 21 Do not turn away after uselessidols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless. 22 For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own. I Samuel 12:20-22
Abba Father, even though Israel has sinned against You, but out of Your great Mercy, You give her abundant Grace, so Israel can turn back to You. For Your Holy Name’s sake, You will restore Israel’ righteousness。 Out of Your Grace and Mercy, send the spirit of Supplication, so Israel will look to You and cry out to You day and night, to seek You with a sincere heart. Like Your word says, whenever anyone turn to You, the veil is removed ( II Corinthians 3:16), please remove their veils, so they can see that Jesus Christ is the Messiah that they have been long waiting for, to receive their salvation. Please also bring Gentile to receive salvation and spiritual maturity, so the family of Israel can be saved. (Romans 11:25) Let the Gentiles and the Israel know Your salvation, so Your Holy Name can be lifted up in all the earth!
In Jesus name, Amen!
Praying for the Turmoil of Gaza-the border。
[In the news: 8/9 Hamas fired more than 150 rockets into the Israeli Gaza border residential areas; there were some injuries in Israel. Israel also retaliated with rockets at 140 Hamas’ military locations in Gaza. The long-term cease-fire negotiations between the two sides was interrupted. Hamas said the move was in retaliation for Israel’s assassination of its members and the blockade of the Gaza Strip. Iran has expressed its support and will do everything in its power to support Palestinian resistance to Israel. The Israeli military said that the Hamas attack on Israel is still under Iranian manipulation. Israel does not rule out retaliation against Iran.
At least 150 rockets have fallen into Israel, and the country’s “Iron Dome” anti-missile system has intercepted at least 11 incoming rockets. Although the interception rate is much lower than expected, the Israeli military said it’s big. Some rockets have fallen into the open space, so the iron scorpion anti-missile system will not intercept these targets. ]
- Pray for the Israeli residents of the Gaza border and nearby: May God show His mercy upon the lives of the Israelites on the Gaza border and minimize the disaster.
- Pray for the Muslim people in Gaza: Ask God’s salvation to come to the innocent people, and let them know the one true God of the supremacy.
- Pray for the Israeli government: Pray for God to pray for the humble spirit, touch the heart of Netanyahu, and lead the people of the country to fast and pray to seek the king of Joshua, as in 20 Chronicles of the Chronicles, to lead all Israel together. To seek God’s help and salvation, to give wisdom and peace to the
- Israeli government, to immediately stop Hamas attacks and prevent the expansion of war.
- Ask God to awaken the people of Gaza to rise up against Hamas – one of the evil leaders who control Gaza.
- Ask God to cutoff the connection of thedark power between Hamas and Iran.
Pray For Iran – Israel’s Greatest Enemy
[Background: The state of Iran is still the archenemy of Israel, which also exert control over the Hezbollah, the Assad regime in Syria and Hamas, to name a few. Iran is beginning a major naval exercise in the Strait of Hormuz, which is a control point of the waterway into the Persian Gulf, affecting many countries other than Iran. This has triggered an announcement from the US to begin naval exercise in the nearby region. Any attempt to close up the Strait of Hormuz is effectively a declaration of war. The Israeli response is to declare that she will react strongly against any such attempts to close off the Red Sea, which is a strategic waterway through which southern Israel gain access to all the oceans. In the meantime, due to economic problems and anti-government protests, internal instability is building up in Iran.]
- We ask God to help Israel stay vigilant, and respond prudently to each action that Iran is taking.
- Grant wisdom to Israeli and American military leaders, so that they would be able to discern and respond sensibly to what Iran is doing and expressing in public. (Proverbs 8:14-16)
- Shake the political leadership of Iran.
- Break the bow of Elam: according to God’s promise, may the bow of Elam be broken, and the kings and princes be destroyed.
- Break the links of Iran with Hezbollah and Hamas: may the Lord use internal uprisings to break the links of Iran with Hezbollah and Hamas.
- Raising up churches in Iran: use the thriving church in Iran to cause the nation to steer away from the current evil path.
- Pray that God strengthens the Christian brothers and sisters in Iran: Lord, we pray that the peace that transcends all understanding and pure joy in times of trials will fill them up with hope through the Holy Spirit. Cause them to know that God is sovereign and is in full control. He is in the process of shaking, demolishing and restraining. God is establishing for Himself His throne and stronghold in Iran. Pray that God supernaturally meets both the spiritual and physical needs of the brothers and sisters in Iran according to His faithfulness.
(Source: Intercessors for Israel & Pray for persecuted Church ministries )